Buying a new home comes with a lot of commitment and responsibilities. The hassle of going through documents, liabilities, paperwork, cost, advance payments, and a lot of other stuff is kind of a hectic process. And then comes the most important thing: the Home Inspection. If you’re new to this, here are some important tips to keep in mind while inspecting your home.
Things to consider during the home inspection
- Air conditioning system: You don’t want to feel exhausted after a long day of work only to find out that your air conditioner or fan isn’t working properly. Go through all the fans and AC to make sure that they are working properly.
- Check Water supply: Check the water supply system in all the washrooms you have and whether the hot water or geyser is provided or not. Also, check the tap of the kitchen and other areas whether they’re working properly or not. You should also ask for the capacity of the geyser to keep a clear view. Finally, check if there are any leakages or sink leaks.
- Plumbing system: Go through all the plumbing systems and check for any leakages or broken pipes. It is very important to keep this in mind for preventing future hassles.
- Check Power Supply: Nobody wants to feel tired on the hot summer days without electricity which means no fan, no cold food and no television to entertain. So check the power supply and ask all the possible chances of the power supply getting cut. Are they have extra sources of power, for example, a generator?
- The interior: The first and foremost thing you should notice about the house is the interior. Check the roof for any cracks or marks, check the walls to make sure it is well built and not cracking from anywhere. Also, see for water leakages as many times walls are wet due to water leakage, and you don’t want that at any cost. Next, check the floors and the ceiling thoroughly. After that comes the door and window part. Check what material and what brand have they used for the windows and the door. If it is made of wood, make sure that the ply is of top quality and durable. Make sure your door is well protected and sturdy enough.
- Check the paint quality: Go through the paint in each room to make sure that the paint is not chipping or cracking off from anywhere and gives a classic finish. You can also check the brand name to see whether the paint is of top quality or not.
- Moulds: It is better to look up moulds before buying the house rather than investing a high amount of money after fixing it. With the help of a Home Inspection, you can get your walls and ceilings checked thoroughly to avoid any future headaches that moulds come with.
A Home Inspection is essential before doing any documentation and purchasing the house. It helps you to look for any problems that you may face later and cause financial headaches. Go through each house section, such as water supply, air supply, water supply, plumbing, ceilings and walls, doors and windows and other necessary elements to avoid any future hassle.